Promotional Poster Design
Design a promotion following these guidelines:
- You will be given project specifications by a “client”. You must strictly adhere to the requirements that he/she outlines for you even if you disagree with his/her opinion. You can try to persuade him/her that your ideas are superior, but the client has final say.
- Take time to examine other similar designs. Note how they are alike or different. Which ones are more successful than others? Why? This step should take upwards of one full period.
- Use your journal to sketch out some ideas before and during your work. You should think and sketch for at least a full period prior to using the computer.
- Use a typeface or typefaces appropriate for the subject matter but that also makes design sense.
- Consider and incorporate what you have learned about design principles: Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity.
- BE MINDFUL OF COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS!!!
- Be prepared to meet with the “client” and discuss your solution with him/her. Also be prepared to revise your work as necessary following feedback from the “client”.
Assignment: Design a Banner for Downtown Ithaca