Key Things to Know in Microsoft Excel
- Formula bar
- Cells, Active cell
- Cell pointer
- Sheets/ sheet tabs
- Entering Labels & Values
- Enter data in active cell and/or on formula bar
- Note the Cancel, Enter, Fx buttons
- Auto Fill options
- = means formula
- + means add
- A1 + A2 would result in the sum of the contents of the two cells
- * means multiply, / means divide
- Summation button; must highlight all to be summed including the last cell where the total will go.
Formula will read = SUM (c6:I6).
- Formulas can be copied/pasted.
- Alt + Enter creates additional lines within a cell.
- Accounting Number Format has 2 decimal places (like in dollars and cents)
- Alignment of text
- Sort lists alphabetically
- Sort list by value